Friday, May 14, 2010

Port

This morning I was awoken out of a dead sleep at 6 to my nurse flipping on the lights, "They're ready for you in 30 minutes."  It's port time!  I had them page respiratory so I could get an albuterol neb before they took me... gotta breathe, right?  The cute resident who came and talked to me yesterday was down in pre-op. :D He answered the rest of my million questions to the best of his ability - I'm a pretty involved patient (translation: control freak), so he wasn't really prepared to deal with me.  They wheeled me into the OR, I climbed onto the table and laid down.  They gave me some versed and started to wrap me up, "like a burrito".  The last thing I remember was muttering something about having a fallback career lined up at Chipotle.  When I woke up, I had some pain and a kickass incision near my shoulder:

 

A few hours later someone came to access it so I could start receiving my IV antibiotics through my brand new port instead of the peripheral IV they had in my arm (which are very painful for me!)
So there you have it! It was fairly simple and I can't believe I hadn't done it sooner.

1 comment:

Leonardi linken said...

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
Find here an information about 15 of the Best Free Web Applications for Writers