Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm HOME!

I got to come home yesterday. I was so glad to leave. My lung tests plateaued, so it was time to get out of there. It was about 100 degrees out and muggy, though! My sunglasses fogged up as soon as I got outside. On the way home we stopped at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and ate! It was only 3:30 but I had a beer anyway - and after two weeks it tasted soooo good to have that Corona.

I was a little short of breath after being on oxygen for two weeks, so I had to take it slow unpacking. We did a monster grocery trip, too, but I did much better than I had done before I went in the hospital. I was so excited to eat all the food that we’d bought, but I decided to get into a good habit and do a vest treatment and my breathing meds when we got home so that I could eat and then get to bed early. And boy, did I sleep well! My back has been really sore from the hospital mattress and I hadn’t gotten more than 3 hours of sleep at one time for two weeks, so it was a much welcomed sleep. I even got to sleep in until 9:30 today! I remember two weeks ago I hadn’t gotten up before 9:30 more than a half a dozen times all summer. Hopefully I can keep a good schedule of treatments and eating and EXERCISING so that I can feel good for a while and stay out of the hospital!

This morning after I got done with all my treatments Todd and I made a nice big breakfast of ham, scrambled eggs and toast. I hadn’t had any caffeine in the hospital and had a cup and a half of coffee this morning. Today I’m headed back to pulmonary rehab and I’m curious to see how it will go. I know I’ll need some oxygen, but I feel like I have so much energy (probably from the caffeine, but also because I feel so much better)!

That’s all I’ve got for now. Maybe I’ll have more to write tonight.

-teeny

No comments: