Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Long day doesn't even begin to describe today!

Things I did/had done today:
took out the  blown iv in my right fore arm, replaced it with one in my left arm
adjusted my epidural so that my pain was under better control
got my Foley catheter out
pooped (they wouldn't let me eat until I did that, so I really didn't have a choice) in front of a male nurse on a portable commode no less... overcame a lot of fears right there with one act!
went for a walk
ate my first two post transplant meals
got a fruit bouquet, chocolates, balloons and a teddy bear to cuddle
incentive spirometer
acapella
peed a lot (lasiks helped out there b/c i was holding onto so much fluid after being on the bypass machine and prednisone)


goals for tomorrow:
get out of icu
one whole lap around the floor
one more chest tube out
break 1000mL on IS

7 comments:

Sherri said...

So great to hear from you! Good luck on your goals for tomorrow. It sounds like you are doing so well with all that has happened. I can only imagine how hard it truly is. My thoughts and prayers are with you for the best recovery possible.

Gem said...

Yay!!!! So glad you're doing well!!! I'm sure you'll achieve your goals for tomorrow!! Keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth recovery! xx

Pam said...

So glad to hear you are doing well. I saw your pics on fb, you look fabulous! I remember the portable potty, we think we are immune to humility having to deal with CF issues, but alas, there is always more :) Hang in there!

Unknown said...

I'm sure this recovery will be a long road. Good to take things one day at a time!

Josh said...

You are simply spectacular, my dear. I hope you are up and out of there sooner that later.

Big hugs, sweetie.

Carola said...

Congratulations ! I also recieved two new lungs, but that was in 1995. So at 29th of november I celebrate 15 years : )
I have Cf as well and I am 38 years old. I live in Sweden and have a website, but it is in Swedish though.
Take care. best wishes from Carola in Sweden

M.Hilton said...

that's a big day! Praying for you and cheering you on through this journey! :)